Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just a-blogging along...

My editor tells me I'm not adhering to the spirit of the blog.

This is supposed to be an ongoing conversation, he tells me. Letting weeks elapse between postings doesn't cut it.

Mind you, sometimes weeks go by without my hearing from my editor.

Be that as it may, I guess I just don't feel the need to let it all blog out. Maybe it's the word blah-g. As in blah, blah, blah ... and is anyone really interested in what a 50-something has to say?

Maybe that's why I'm drawn to journalism. I like writing about other people--what they do, what they say, what they think. It's why I like writing children's stories, too. I can hide behind my characters. I can be any of them ... or all of them ... or none of them. And who would ever know?

So here you are, dear editor. A new posting in the spirit of the blog.

What? You mean I have to do this again tomorrow?!

No comments: